5/04/2012

Guest Post: Author Amy Lignor Twitter Party


A Walk on the “Warrior” Side

I know that most souls want to speak with Emily but she owes me one, so today you’ve got me. My name is Matt. I’m the warrior side of this little angelic partnership that Emily and I have, and - believe me -I’m the one who desperately wants to come back down there

When Emily told me that our ‘story’ was coming out for everyone to read, I was a little worried about it. I mean, at times I didn’t look all that great the first time around. But after you read it, you’ll understand that I was there to do my job. I had no idea I would end up getting wrapped up in all that emotional stuff. I like being down there…having freedom and everything…but I was completely blind-sided that Emily would go from my best friend to the girl who would steal my heart, and then have the nerve to fall in love with Jason. Boy, is HE a pain in the wing!

Emily told me that’s over now. She says that she knows the feelings she had for Jason will pass now that he’s gone. But, oddly enough, while our teachers were telling us about this new ‘Gilded Age’ that we’re headed in to, it sounds like Jason isn’t going to be too far away. And before you ask, yes. If I have to fight him, if I have to fight for her, I will.

Until Next Time shows you the beginning, and you’ll read about a location that seems a bit harsh. But since Emily and I have been training forever up here and battling in the horrific ‘pit’ you’ll read about, down there seemed like a breeze compared to our normal day. Of course, up here we can’t even get a bruise.

The training here is severe. Emily’s pretty quick with a sword, and even though she knows she deserves to take a ‘blow’ once in a while, her pride (which she’s not even supposed to have) just won’t let her do it. Her wings always expand when she’s had enough; or, more to the point, when she knows I’m winning. They’re bright pearl, which is actually nice to look at, except when she’s about to lose the match; they come out and she disappears.

Emily and I have sat beside each other in classes that have taught us everything from how to deal with ‘dark’ situations to how to save, defend and protect you. But I have to give you guys the credit - having such huge souls filled with all those emotions ALL the time is rough. Whether they’re used for the infliction of pain, or for the absolute passion you have for one another, they certainly are confusing. And, your imaginations? I give you credit for those too. I swear, you’re the only creatures I’ve ever met who have the power to have fantastic dreams and horrific nightmares all at the same time. You’re lucky, you know? You get to feel it all. That’s why I want to go back. Emily had more to think about…she saw me differently when we were human.

When you read our story I hope you can see that there was a reason for everything. I know a whole lot more now, yet the hardest thing is still trying to keep my faith in a world that’s trying to rip me apart. But no matter what happens, Emily and I will continue until we get it right.

Until Next Time, Everybody.
Matt

By the way…I guess you guys have been so great about reading and talking about our story, some ‘event’ is going to be happening down there pretty soon. Maybe I’ll join you!

Twitter Party
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
8 p.m. Eastern

Follow hashtag #UntilNextTime as author Amy Lignor answers your questions for 90 minutes live on Twitter. A $50 cash prize will be given to the person who has a receipt confirming an ebook purchase of Until Next Time and tweets at least once during the Twitter Party. We'll also be giving away a variety of ebooks and print books throughout the event. Let us know if you are planning to attend by tweeting @TributeBooks or @HelloWritersAmy to RSVP.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! And I adore the cover for this book! :)Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish and the gang - YA Bound rocks :)

    ReplyDelete