5/01/2012

Blog Tour: The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova

Happy book birthday to The Vicious Deep! And welcome to the first stop of The Bloggers of the Deep tour. Today YA Bound welcomes Zoraida and Tristan to the blog for an interview. You can also check out my review on The Vicious Deep. Hope you enjoy!

~Trish

Interview:


T: Tristan is one of the hottest most realistic male POVs I’ve ever read from. How did you get inside the mind of a guy? Was there any research, or special ways you prepare yourself before writing?

Z: I don't really prepare myself. I just start writing. Tristan and I understand each other by now. 

T: This question is for Tristan. *Sits closer to Tristan* You’ve come to terms with being…um,  special. How did you first feel when you discovered your, uh, abilities? *leans in*

Z: You smell pretty Trish. The first thing I felt was...wet. My parents threw me into their bathtub.

T: Zordaida, can you tell your fans something interesting—maybe a secret tidbit we don’t get in the book—about Tristan? Boxers or briefsWill he ever get over what’s her name and date me. Anything at all?

Z: Tristan pretends to wax his chest. As a merman, he isn't very hair...

T: *Looks at Tristan* *Bats eyes* Before you discovered you were a merman, you were a badass member of the swim team, and also a lifeguard. Have your abilities discouraged you? Do you feel as if all your achievements before were too easily achieved? Or does having an advantage push you to achieve bigger, more heroic  goals? Like running away with me.

Z: *shrug* It makes sense that I'm so good at swimming. But I never slacked off. I always trained with everyone. It's just all come together, like a puzzle, you know. 
Now, I have something greater to achieve. But, you do know I'm spoken for? (She just doesn't know it yet)

T: *Gives Zoraida the stink eye because she gets to spend every day with Tristan* Zoraida, what are your currently working on now? Can we expect  more books with Tristan and the other amazing characters from The Vicious Deep, and are there any secret projects underway? A story about how Trish and Tristan run way together.

Z: Aww, Trish! Tristan has love for you too :) Right now I'm working on the rest of Tristan's quest and adventure! Look forward to The Savage Blue.






For Tristan Hart, everything changes with one crashing wave.
 
He was gone for three days. Sucked out to sea in a tidal wave and spit back ashore at Coney Island with no memory of what happened. Now his dreams are haunted by a terrifying silver mermaid with razor-sharp teeth. 

His best friend Layla is convinced something is wrong. But how can he explain he can sense emotion like never before? How can he explain he’s heir to a kingdom he never knew existed? That he’s suddenly a pawn in a battle as ancient as the gods. 
Something happened to him in those three days. He was claimed by the sea…and now it wants him back.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun to interview Zoraida and Tristan =D

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good! It's on my summer reading stack and I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic! You'll love it, Heather

      Delete