1/12/2012

Swoon Thursday (23): When The Stars Go Blue and Fracture


It's that time again! We created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! We want to know :-)

Here's ours:

RACHEL: I picked up one of my favorite books this week to reread, one by an author who does not get enough buzz: Caridad Ferrer. I have read every single one of her books, and I love them all. That girl knows how to bring authenticity and realness, steaminess and heart. The one I chose to highlight here is a fresh take on the Carmen story, and it sizzles with Miami heat.

First, the appropriate Twitter quote:
One hand holding mine, the other warm on the bare skin of my back . . . close enough to be dangerous -- When the Stars Go Blue SWOON #YABound
And here's another paragraph from the same page that I just couldn't cut enough to use, but had to show . . . it's a bit long, but sooo worth the read:
And with every turn, I moved in even closer; with each beat, my body swayed more seductively, learning the contours of his body, inviting him to learn mine. Realizing with the tiny part of my brain that was still operational that one of his hands was splayed across the middle of my back, the other tangled in my hair, the tips of his fingers brushing my neck while both of my arms rested on his shoulders. Pull away, that tiny part whispered, but I couldn't. Not as long as I could feel the subtle bunch and shift of muscle beneath cotton warmed by his body's heat--could keep playing my fingertips through the ends of his hair. So soft, enticing my fingers to explore more, to shape themselves to the curve of his skull as his head lowered, his eyes closing, thick, ink-dark eyelashes spiky just above broad, high cheekbones. My own eyes closed, feeling the heat of his skin, closer . . .
TRISH:  Okay, I'm thinking I'm just going to start putting the whole thing down, and then pull a sentence for Twitter lol. It's getting too hard to shorten these steamy scenes :) Rach! You're a bad influence.


          And without warning, Decker's lips were moving on mine, forceful and desperate, and I thought about pushing him away, but somehow instead my arms wrapped around his neck and I was pulling him closer, closer. 


          Twitter:


He didn't wait. He pulled the front of my sweatshirt--his sweatshirt-- and dragged me toward him, and he kissed me--FRACTURE SWOON #YABound



NOW IT'S YOUR TURN: In 140 characters . . . um, or a bit more if you're like us LOL, SWOON us!

9 comments:

  1. WOW - you kill me with these! ;)

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I can reply to comments? Yes! Val, you need to play! I want to know what makes you swoon ;) lol

      Delete
  2. Rachel, that extended teaser is just wow. I mean, seriously. That's super hot!

    Trish, I loved that novel so much it hurts. And that part you shared is one of my favorites!

    I've got two swoons today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm love Fracture! Very different than I normally read, but wow. So great.

      Delete
  3. I love how both of your SWOONs end with the word "closer"! That word itself is kind of enticing, isn't it?

    My SWOON: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/swoon-thursday-7-clockwork-angel.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is kind of long, but that is okay.

    He wastes precious moments kissing me, his tongue gliding across my lips, darting at my teeth. I open my mouth and kiss back just as eagerly. His other arm snakes around my waist and he stands, pulling me against his body, pulling me to my feet. Then he thrusts me away, but not before I see the wetness glistening in his eyes. "Go, Elisa! Run, now!" - The Girl of Fire and Thorns

    ReplyDelete